Update May 2020
Gigi and Pinch welcomed 3 adorable little girls!
These puppies will be going home with families on our wait list.
Please fill out the form on the Application page if you would like make a puppy from one of our future litters part of your family.
Let’s Talk Yorkie reserves the right to cancel and/or refuse any sale I feel that is not in the best interest of the puppy. I also retain the right to first pick of all litters.
Congratulations! You’ve decided to bring a Yorkie in to your life!
Now for the next big decision… Boy or Girl?
Popular opinion is that girls make better pets but I can tell you from personal experience that some of the sweetest, most devoted and loving pets I have ever had are boys.
A male Yorkie, especially if neutered at a young age, is a wonderful pet! Boys are sweet, loving, and devoted. Females can be a little moody and some what independent even after they have been spayed, just like us humans. So before you decide you have to have a female do your research – ask other dog owners and you will find that I am right – male Yorkies are snuggle muffins, and my Bam Bam is the perfect example!
The most important thing to remember is that there is no wrong decision here – either way you will get a Yorkie which means you will have an intelligent, affectionate, playful puppy that loves you unconditionally, is eager to please, is the perfect size for any home and will be a valued family member for their entire life.
Let’s Talk Yorkie reserves the right to cancel the sale of a puppy at our discretion.
All Puppies are Sold On a Spay/Neuter Contract
Let’s Talk Yorkie wants you to enjoy your puppy for as long as possible and dogs live longer healthier lives if they have been spayed / neutered.
What is a Spay / Neuter Contract?
A Spay / Neuter Contract is a legal document that the buyer must sign if you are purchasing a puppy from Let‘s Talk Yorkie. It requires you to have your puppy spayed / neutered before the date indicated in the contract and you are promising to never use him/her for breeding. To prevent the unauthorized breeding of our dogs we do not provide AKC papers until proof of spay / neuter has been provided and verified.
What are the benefits to spaying my female Yorkie?
Female dogs experience a “heat” cycle approximately every six months that can last as long as 21 days, during which your dog may leave stains in the house and may become anxious, short-tempered and actively seek a mate. Spaying eliminates heat cycles and reduces the unwanted behaviors. Most importantly, early spaying of your female Yorkie can help protect them from some serious health problems later in life such as uterine infections and breast cancer.
What are the benefits of neutering my male Yorkie?
At maturity (on average, 6 to 9 months of age), male Yorkies are capable of breeding. They may to begin “marking” their territory and may try to get out of the house in search of a mate. Neutering males reduces the breeding instinct and can also lessen the risk of developing prostate disease and testicular cancer.
For more information visit the American Veterinary Medical Association website www.avma.org
Your Let’s Talk Yorkie fur-baby will come to you with:
- Tail docked to conform to the Yorkshire Terrier breed standard.
- Dew claws removed for safety. This prevents the hair from getting tangled and pulling the claw out – ouch!
- Health Guarantee – your puppy is guaranteed to be free of life threatening genetic defects for one year.
- Health Record showing the dates your new baby received age / size appropriate vaccinations and worming’s and the product (brand) that was given.
- Health Certificate from a licensed vet. Before going to their new homes all puppies are checked by my Vet and found to be in good overall health, free of infectious disease and not to have any obvious genetic defect.
- Royal Canin Starter Kit including a sample bag of the food the your puppy has been eating and a handy reference book.
- Groomed. Your baby will come to you clean and smelling wonderful. He / she will be bathed, nails cut, and baby’s private areas will be trimmed for cleanliness. Ears will also be buzzed to help them stand up.
- A blanket or toy from my home to ease the transition.
- Well socialized with people and other dogs.
- A lifetime of breeder support.
First Family Photos… Look at those smiles!!!